We Are Hiring! Media Production Teacher Required
Date posted: 18th July 2018
Start date: 3rd September 2018
Contract type: Part-Time 19hrs per wk over 3 days
Salary: £14 per hr
Contract term: Permanent – Term time only
- Are you a teacher that can inspire the least motivated students?
- Can you create an inclusive learning environment which enables all students to have fun and exceed expectations?
- Can you empower students to succeed even if they struggle in traditional education?
- If you are looking for a new challenge and are passionate about Media Production, then this could be the job for you.
Visualised it is a successful Video, Animation and TV production company based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire. We run regular video production training course but also deliver BTEC Media qualifications to young people from a variety of schools in the area. Groups contain no more than 4 students for 4hrs a week at our premises; this allows lots of individual attention to support their learning away from the school.
We are seeking to appoint Teacher of Media Production to deliver outstanding teaching and learning of this subject. The successful teacher will deliver practical skills and theory lessons focussing on video production, photography and basic website design.
Our ideal candidate will ideally be:
- Be a passionate teacher of Media Production and have an outgoing personality that can help support struggling students.
- Be committed to Visualised its ethos of high expectations and going the extra mile for our learners.
- Offer excellent pastoral care often dealing with complicated home environments.
- Have excellent subject knowledge and a proven ability to raise standards in classrooms.
- Have experience of teaching at GCSE or youth work led projects.
- Experienced in delivery of BTEC First Award in Creative Digital Media Production (Level 1 or 2) or equivalent qualification.
- Confident using filming equipment and happy to book guest speaker sessions with Industry professionals.
- Collaborate with professionals working on real-life projects in the Company.
- Experienced in the marking and accurate assessment of qualifications.
- Experienced in Creation of BTEC Assessment Plans.
- Have an understanding of the Internal Verification and External BTEC Standards Verification process.
- Course delivery will take place at Visualised it premises at Digital Media Centre, County Way, Barnsley, S70 2JW. Telephone Reception: 01226 720700 Office: 07433605333.
- Experienced in using Individual Learning plans to track progress and set SMART targets.
- Able to provide a weekly update to the line manager on course progress.
- Hold a valid DBS (Up to 2yrs old) or happy to have a new one.
Visualised it offers:
- A flexible approach to delivery methods, always happy to look at new ways of working.
- An excellent reputation in the local community.
- A dedicated and enthusiastic team of teachers and support staff.
- First-class facilities and resources.
- Flexible and supportive working for staff.
We would very much like to hear from you if you share our vision, values and enthusiasm. We are very happy to discuss the role informally before submitting your application. Interviews will be held immediately.
To apply, please send an up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing what you feel you could bring to the position and why you would like to join our company. Our details can be found on our website www.visualisedit.com
Closing date: Monday 20th August, 2018
We will invite candidates for interview prior to the closing date. We would, therefore, encourage early applications.